2020 M2cs  [0.00]
2011 BMW 1M  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by E30 Racer View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarJunkie View Post
Quote:
I've been considering E46 M3 trans mounts for a while now as a no compromise upgrade. Wonder if they'd be enough for you? Not sure whose engine mounts I'd use...easy to create a buzz bomb with the wrong choice.
According to Andy at ADE, stiffer trans mounts add a lot more vibration than motor mounts.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarJunkie View Post
Quote:
I've been considering E46 M3 trans mounts for a while now as a no compromise upgrade. Wonder if they'd be enough for you? Not sure whose engine mounts I'd use...easy to create a buzz bomb with the wrong choice.
According to Andy at ADE, stiffer trans mounts add a lot more vibration than motor mounts.
This has definitely been my experience, albeit with different platforms. My autox E30 has poly engine mounts and RE rubber trans mounts. NVH is entirely streetable. Years ago, I installed UUC poly trans mounts on an E46 with stock engine mounts. NVH was horrible...buzz bomb city. I drove the car 4 blocks, turned around, and pulled them off.
I think the Rogue trans mounts would be reasonable given their construction. I may still do that, but want to get a sense of what each one does with regard to NVH. The motor mounts seem critical to preventing the excessive engine movement which turns the charge pipe into a lever.
1M track toy mods: BMS chargepipe, BMS OCC, ADE FMIC, ADE motor mounts, MadDad/Lightweight Ti exhaust, ADE custom oil thermostat/cooler, custom MHD tune, F10 550i clutch, Ohlins R+T, Vorschlag camber plates, M3 'vert FSB with Turner endlinks, Stoptech Trophy BBK.
Appreciate 0