smeard
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW

Garage List
2010 BMW 128i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by elitesales305 View Post
Just Noticed U Alread Ywent And Did It Hahahah.. Thought U Had Plasticoated Im The Meantime.. Didnt Read Ur Second Post.. I Think Black On Black U Loose The Rim .. But Hey It Looks Dope.. Funny How U Chose Yas Marina For The Caliper..
Thanks you are the only one who replied haha! Yes it is done and I love them! This shop used a multi-coat process, did all the mounting/dismounting/balancing and did the job exceptionally well (OEM-quality imo). They gave me a lifetime warranty on all work done too. True, with black, especially at night, you can't see design of the rim, but I am such a sucker for blacked out profile. Originally wanted a dark bronze or dark grey, but I saw some examples of the shop's work and I did not like the look of their metallic bronze/gray on a darker vehicle. Looked very tacky/gaudy imo. would've gone matte finish bronze/grey, but they chip so easily, the finish is much more fragile and brake dust is more visible (one major reason I wanted new wheel finish). Black car on black rims with colored calipers were always a dream of mine, anyway. These wheels shine so well with the slightest light (maybe the guy added pearlescent of some kind), they instantly shine back. Seriously, they somehow find a way to shine back at you. I wanted to add some flavor by getting that Yas Marina for the calipers, thought of it as adding an easter egg from newer BMWs . The calipers respond so well to light, especially at night! Someday I hope to add an arctic camo wrap for a unique look. I think it would go great with the wheels and calipers. IDK what other people are on but I love your wheels, especially on that mineral grey! Very bold and compliments the interior well. (Sorry for long writeup)
Weekend - 1997 BMW Z3 M52, 5spd, Dunkelgrun: 230k mi, Intrax Springs on Bilsteins, Style 68s staggered
AutoX/track - 2012 F30 N20, 6MT BSM

Last edited by smeard; 08-09-2018 at 10:05 PM..
Appreciate 0