View Single Post
      01-10-2012, 10:40 AM   #5
Fleethammer
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2008 AW/CR 135i

[QUOTE=Järppä;11121539]Which direction they are sipes open, to forward where tyre rotates when you drive forward or backwards. They should be backward "open" because it rotates forward so sipes elapse more of the front of sipes.

They "point" backwards. In other words, the tread is deformed in the direction of travel, which makes sense since I drive forward most of the time

But you can check is every tyre right way on the wheel, friction tyres have allmost allways rotate direction so when you assembly tyre's on wheel you have to take a look that every tyre is right way. 2 right, 2 left. There is arrow in sidewall or color dot's inner and outer sidewall or text.

Tires are definitely mounted correctly. There is an outside to the tire, but they are not directional, which is nice!

I'm thinking it's the torque that simply crushed these things. The tread on these tires was probably the softest I've ever seen on a winter tire. Reviews of this tire, particularly from 1er owners, were not favorable as far as driving dynamics. Reviewers said the tires did their job well as far as winter tires go, but outside of deep snow or ice, made the car feel very unstable, to the point of being dangerous. Of all the winter tires I've owned, I would have to say these have been the worst as far as the squirmy feeling, but I kept them as the price was good and by most accounts, they deliver when the white stuff falls. I felt that driving slow for three or four months was a fair tradeoff for keeping my car in one piece. Since we have not had an inch of snow all winter here, I have to say I so regret buying these instead of more performance-oriented runflat snows.
Appreciate 0