12-02-2018, 11:43 AM   #155
hunginator
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW 135i E82 DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Jose View Post
I've followed many threads on various brands like Porsche, Audi, MB, etc. It's a simple matter to check with the manufacturer about what their product fits. Oddly people don't want to do this and take advice from others who don't know either.

I've taken the time to investigate this matter. Here's part of Bilstein's response when I asked B6 or B8 on my 2010 SLK with Sport Pkg and 2012 BMW 135i with M-Sport Pkg:

"We would recommend using the B6 shocks for both cars. The B8 should only be used if the coil springs have been replaced with aftermarket lowering springs. The B6 shock is for the stock coil springs."

Further on in Bilsteins response, they gave the OEM part#s and the corresponding Bilstein part.

The shorter stroke of the B8 won't allow the stock spring to function correctly. Now if you install the BMW High Performance Springs, the B8 might be the correct part. To be sure, just run the part numbers past Bilstein. They can cross reference them.
Thanks for the reply! Just to double check, the OEM part # that you quoted was the M-sport springs, not the stock springs or the BMW Perf springs?
Appreciate 0