View Single Post
      12-02-2018, 02:37 PM   #158
gjm120
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2013 128i, 2021 230i

Quote:
Originally Posted by duder13 View Post
Part of the problem is that Bilstein hasn’t been consistent in their recommendations. As I mentioned, all 135is have the M-Sport suspension, and Bilstein used to recommend B6, then they started recommending B8, and now they’re apparently recommending B6 again. See here: https://www.1addicts.com/forums/show...0&postcount=15

My guess is that the stock M-Sport suspension ride height is a bit of an “in-between” for Bilstein’s shocks, so their answers aren’t consistent, but who knows??
That likely correct. Keep in mind there are 3 or 4 different spring rates within all of BMW's springs. (Example D2, D3, D4 & D5 for fronts.) The goal is to get ride height and handling correct based on the car's weight. But this can't be exact as there are so many variables in weight but only a few different spring rates. Example - I put springs from a highly optioned AT 135i on my non-sport 128i a couple of years ago and got very little drop. I now have BMWP springs on my car which I think was a hare's breath from calling for the next step in spring rates. So I believe I'm at somewhat the low end of ride height for my car with Perf springs.