View Single Post
      07-21-2014, 10:41 AM   #28
justinmj
Private
Rep
Drives: '14 328xi wagon, '13 135i vert

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregthegr8 View Post
Ya, if you don't want a loud exhaust DO NOT get the performance exhaust. Your neighbors will hate you. The PPK is nice, though many on the forum will say it's way overpriced compared to various JB4 and Cobb options, but if you want a warrantied, OEM solution, it's a good way to go. I think you drove the 135is at Pacific awhile back, so you might be able to tell once your car arrives if you feel the difference.

As for the tires, if you're worried, stick with 215/245, but I don't know if the 225/255 really have any effect on the speedo since it's not like you're changing from 18's to 19's. The pilot super sports are MUCH quieter, smoother, grippier, and last twice as long as the runflats. And are cheaper. The runflats feel like they barrel and plow down the road like a piledriver/sledgehammer, whereas the pilot super sports feel like they conform and adjust to the contours of the road to always provide a constant contact patch. The continental extreme contact DW tires are another good option that are similar and about $200-300 less per set. I asked an expert the other day though about them and he said the pilot super sports are quieter.

Glad to hear that a-hole was wrong and you get the maintenance plan. Can't wait to see the car.
Great! I'm going to get the PPK (will search around the local dealerships for best price) , upgrade the tires to Michelin PSS (one-up sizes), and find that antennae. That'll be a great start! Thanks again, Greg. Will reach out when the car is in hand.
Appreciate 0