Enlisted Member
Canada
Rep
Drives: a superior vehicle

Garage List
2008 BMW 128i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by crowtrobot View Post
Are you seeing any rubbing in the rear with the ET40 offset?

I just got a set of EC7s installed with 235/40/R18 Falken Azenis RT615Ks. Shop test fit with 5mm spacers all round; front needed it for strut clearance. Rears looked like they had plenty of room but ended up rubbing when some weight was put in the back.

I've ordered some 3mm spacers for the rears, we'll see how this goes.
i don't rub in the rear, no. however it seems strange that you'd have strut clearance issues in the front. well, at least i don't have any strut issues in the front (only huge rubbing issues). are you running an 8" wheel or an 8.5"?

cheers

Quote:
Originally Posted by smeard View Post
I do plan on lowering. Hopefully coilovers, otherwise H&R with Koni yellows or similar. I plan on entering into some autocross events and was told 18s are too big for track driving. Might get a set later down road. Thanks!!
if you're lowering your car, you will rub in the front pretty hard. i learned that the hard way and i'm desperately searching CL for a pair of 215/40R18s.

18" wheels is just about the norm for track driving. in autocross conditions, you should really just stay away from 19" wheels.

if you're looking for some sort of reference to what all this looks like lowered, here's
View post on imgur.com
. it's on H&R supersport springs & upgraded shocks (picture is before the new shocks though). i also mangled the passenger side front fender while trying to reverse in a spot which is why i have that sticker covering the puckering.

cheers
Appreciate 0