Thread: RSFB
View Single Post
      07-19-2020, 01:53 AM   #1
Reppunkamui
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW 135i

RSFB

I was recommended to have a look into replacing these bushings for my 2010 N54 135i MSport. I have trawled through many helpful threads detailing how to DIY it and the improvement.

M3 bushings seem to be the original preference by most, but the "top-down" installation of the front bushing seems like a real pain... Polyurethane bushings also (Powerflex/Whiteline) seem like a popular choice which is easier to install. But aluminium bushings (Turner) appears to be what people who have already upgraded their bushings are aiming for in their next upgrade.

Anyway, I am a little overloaded with information at this point. I just wanted to get a recommendation on this and whether I should just go straight to Aluminium... since the install does not sound like something I want to do multiple times. Or is the M3 or polyurethane more practical, or worthwhile?

MSport suspension, planning M3 control arms for front, planning PS4S for tyres. MHD Stage 2+ 93 tune with FBO plus inlets. Sleeper project car for weekends and occasional trackday.

Thanks in advance.

P.S. RIP Dackleone, Thank you for your contributions and legacy.
Appreciate 1