View Single Post
      02-17-2022, 01:03 PM   #64
apexwerks
Private
Rep
Drives: E82 128i, E46 M3, Mk7 TDI Wagn

Quote:
Originally Posted by K9Leader View Post
Wow - it's like deja vu all over again! I just put Bilstein B8s (B12 kit) in and when I buttoned it up . . . TPMS inactive and these codes:

• Fault code: 00604E Error RDC system / Error tire pressure control system
• Fault code: 00604F Error transmission channel VL
• Fault code: 006050 Error transmission channel VR

Okay, maybe something wrong with the connections to the RDC transmitters so I pulled the wheels and fender liners off and . . . oops! I left the right side disconnected. Left side was plugged in but I checked it and reseated it to make sure it was properly connected. Then I ran Carly diagnostics again, cleared the codes but the warning and right side code (006050 Error transmission channel VR) popped back up immediately.

I will pull the right wheel again and check/clean the connector and see if that makes a difference. But coding it out and not having to deal with a fussy system is sounding better and better. It may be time for me to learn about coding beyond what I can do with Carly. Your coding directions may be helpful down the road.

How wild... it's always funny how many people there are working on these cars to have someone basically doing exactly the same thing and running into exactly the same problem at the same time.

Entirely possible I did the same and forgot to plug one back in when I put the fender liner back in, but I wasn't willing to pick the car back up and pull the fender liner when I could solve the problem permanently.
Appreciate 0