Rep
Drives: BMW 135i

Garage List
2009 135i  [8.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbchun
Quote:
Originally Posted by MuNkY6913 View Post
ok. just read this thread only so forgive me if I'm asking dumb questions. what's the difference between this and jb4+back-end flashes? is this taking the place of both of those? so basically a cheap version of using Cobb. I know some N55 guys have to use Cobb to back-end flash. that screen shot of your phone looks like a not as nice version of the jb4 app. Is this just for the N55 crowd? I use the bb program and only had to buy a bt cable which I'm sure will come in handy in the future.
yup, it's like an affordable version of the Cobb tune - it's a full ECU flash with ability to apply new/custom maps. there are also maps available for ppl who already run a JB4. I'd look at the thread on e90 or n54tech if you want the technical nitty gritty

the app is for n54. cables were <$40 and definitely handy to have for code reading and clearing at a minimum.
ok. that makes sense. I'm pretty happy with the free bb program and updates. the jb4 app lets me read codes anyways. I guess this would be good option for people not wanting the piggy back. thanks!

2009 135i : BMS JB4 G5 ISO,CXRacing FMIC Kit,Injen Cold Air Intake,Evolution Raceworks Charge Pipe,Walboro Inline Fuel Pump, E85 BMS Backend Flash w/ 60% E85,BMS Meth injection (trunkmount),BMS dual meth nozzles,Spec stage 2+ clutch w/ steel SWFW,BMS Catless Downpipes,Berk Tech Race Axleback
Appreciate 1