View Single Post
      11-24-2008, 10:29 PM   #9
j128i
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 128i Coupe AW/Black

It worth the effort and money

as most people who did ED will tell you.
It's quite simple and easy.
You choose the car and the options as if you will buy it anyway in US. You then place the order and pick ED delivery dates for your car pick-up in BMW Welt center, Munich, Germany. You normally get 7% discount off USA MSRP at least, you can bargain from ED invoice (+$1000 or so).

You, using any way you want, book your flight ticket, hotel based on your travel plan with ED delivery date and drive your own car in Europe in your mind. If you can fly free, perfect! If you dont have time, stay shorter, if you do, stay longer.

You go there (you pay full amount of the car by cash, loan or lease before you go), enjoy the Welt center delivery, factory tour, BMW Museum and Europe. It totally on your own, you choose what you want.
You drop your car in one of many drop-off locations in Europe and fly back home and wait for re-delivery.

So, quite easy, isn't it? Usually people spend their own money to buy flight tickets and have vacation in Europe. I did this in Sept, 08 because we had a plan to have vacation in Europe and I wanted to buy BMW. But if you can combine it with business trip or free ticket, why not? The goal is to have such rich and unforgetable experience!

The thing need to take care is to plan accordingly and in advance, this is a long process. You need to provide passport and sign power of attorney to allow BMW to do the paper work (you will sign a lot documents). Read wiki in bimmerfest site and it helps. Read as many as posts you can to get ideas.