View Single Post
      02-01-2007, 12:20 AM   #1
BForbes
Bahamas
Rep
Drives: BSM 135i/AW E90 M3

BMW announces pricing on the 2008 1 series

"Car buyers looking for a subcompact mixed with luxury have the opportunity to purchase a new BMW 1 Series in 2008. Luxury cars, such as the BMW 3 Series and Mercedes C Class, have appealed to young urban car buyers looking to add luxury to their “bling” lifestyles. In addition to luxury car buyers, the sporty 1 Series could attract enthusiasts engaged in the compact-performance lifestyles, where the European VW GTI is among many of the compact coupes modified for performance.

BMW recently announced that it will start selling its subcompact 1 Series in the United States in early 2008 for a base price of $27,400, which is $7,000 less than the 3 Series base price, according to a recent Automotive News article. Although the European version, which goes on sale this spring, comes in a three- or five-door hatchback, the U.S. version will have a trunk. The 1 Series was first introduced in Europe in 2003. Comments from one BMW dealer suggest that the upcoming vehicle will appeal to young buyers and entice non-BMW car buyers to consider buying from the brand."

http://www.sema.org/main/semaorghome.aspx?id=56709

Perfect. I could live with 27,000 dollars. i wonder what the Euro-delivery price will be. Now the big question is what 2 engines are coming to the U.S. Hmmmm...
Appreciate 0