View Single Post
      02-02-2007, 09:48 AM   #10
bryan@mwerks
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by spudwest View Post

While it may be unconfirmed, I'd be guessing $27-28K is about right for a base 1-series with a i6 in North America... Still about $5K below a 328i.
I agree. The funny thing is that a $27,400 base price seems logical, but SEMA misunderstood the basis of that figure.

On a side note, I looked at BMW's pricing for 335i in both the US and Europe. It bases for $40,600 here, and using the current conversion for currency, the German base price works out to $40,110. Very close indeed.

Conversely, if you take the base price of the 130i (current 5-door) and convert to dollars, it works out to $36,636. That's probably steeper than this market would bear, so BMW would have to cut their margin a bit to make it a realistic propostion. Of course, if they cut too much margin, either on their end or on the dealers' end, then no one will make any money selling them- a pretty poor business case.

Until we hear an official statement from BMW, probably in the third quarter of this year, all we can do is speculate. But that's OK, it's fun.:wink: