View Single Post
      06-18-2011, 08:17 PM   #111
RPM90
Major General
Rep
Drives: 340i M-sport AT

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrackRat View Post
Not at all. I'm probably the biggest proponent in the world for actually properly fixing the HPFP once and for all so that all x35i vehicles are safe and reliable as they should be.

The auto industry standard for powertrain components is 100,000 miles. That's what we should all expect of the non-service items. If Porsche, Audi, Ford, GM and many others can develop HPFPs that last 100K miles then BMW should be able to also. You don't see a high failure rate on the 550i HPFPs so you certainly should not accept HPFPs on x35i models repeatedly failing at 5k, 10K, 20K, etc. This deal is going on six model years and still no properly engineered solution exists.

Nothing good can come from the negative publicity BMW is receiving from many media souces for their failure to correct the x35i HPFP failures. BMW customers paid for a safe, reliable x35i vehicle but many did not receive what they paid for.
I'm with you that BMW needs to fix this issue permanently.
But, something good did come from all the negative press.
We did get a "voluntary" recall and most #35i owners should have had their replacements done.

Since the recall I have noticed a lot less postings on HPFP failures.
So that is a good sign.
Time will tell of course, and it's a good thing we have a BMW extended warranty on the HPFP.
Appreciate 0