United_States
Rep
Drives: e82 128i / e46 m3 mt

Quote:
Originally Posted by fe1rx View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rallysmurf View Post
Front Suspension •

So I am looking to increase the strut/shock travel to 7". There is complete kits from samsonas that run ohlins internals or Reiger, but cost as much as I have in this car. I want at least a 40mm front strut so that eliminates most everything cheep. Not that they would have the travel I need anyway.

So the only real option is to build from parts and adapt from other makes.
Interesting project. Thanks for sharing a build thread.

You have probably considered this, but more travel will probably mean your brake flex hoses will need to be lengthened to avoid overstressing them at full droop. I have had good luck with Techna-Fit hoses. Techna-Fit is easy to work with when it comes to custom configurations and are reasonably priced. They built my custom AP front hoses, providing me with an un-crimped sample initially so I could sort out the banjo fitting clocking angle, and them making me a couple of sets once I had sorted that out.
Thanks for the tip. I'm sure I will be needing to.

So much unknown but for me that's the fun part. I'm excited about the back end I have about all the parts I need.

I'm thinking of keeping the OEM trailing arm for something to break away on a big impact.
Appreciate 0