View Single Post
      03-30-2009, 08:51 PM   #132
ML
Change for a Nickle?
Rep
Drives: 2006 M3, Mazda truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel View Post
Put my rims on Thursday night. They sent me the wrong thread pitch for the wheel-locks, so I had to use one of the black stock one. Did not match. Was too busy to take the car out for a proper test drive, so just went up te street to make sure nothing fell off.
5:15am rolls around and I head off for work. Get on the highway, andthe car shakes like nothing else. The steering wheel, seats, shifter, me. Everything is vibrating horribly. Take it to my local BMW specialty shop (3D autoworks) and they tell me the tire people sent me the wrong hub-centric rings. So new rims come off, have to go back home and get my snow-tires. They go back on.
Had to take my old car (tiburon) back because the kid who bought it couldn't afford the payment plan we settled on. Fabulous. Now I have a car that I have to sell... again. Oh, and he super-curbed up the Volk GT-7's that I had on the car, so I'll have to get those re-finished. That one, however, is pure Rachel-stupidity. No one else is at fault.
Saturday morning rolls around, supposed to have a detailing appt at 8:00am. Drive down the Lowell Connector doing 56 in a 55. Go over the hill and get radared. Apparently, it changes to 35mph. Get a $210 ticket.
Get to the detailer, he asks, "Why are you here, you have an appt on the 28th" I point out it's the 28th.... He then proceeds to tell me he'll pick up my car Monday and do the detailing...
I finally get home, after much anguish and tears (cuz I'm a girl), take a very long shower. Andy shows up for the clam-run planning, and finally my weekend starts looking up. How can you go wrong with fried clams?
I bet Andy at least got some satisfaction out of your having to take the new rims off, even if he never admits to it openly. The competition is back on! Can Rachel get the right hub-centric rings before Andy gets his new-refinished wheels back?

$210 ticket - Ouch!

As far as the car goes, I have become a big fan of ebay motors. I've sold three cars on ebay, including the 135, and haven't had a single problem with a buyer. Just make sure you have good pictures, a good description and be qualify the ad to death about the fact that the car is used and has normal wear ande tear and has no warranty, etc., etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by windmaker View Post
I was in hospital
Quote:
Originally Posted by windmaker View Post
thats ok..a nashua police showed up at my house 4 days ago
Hospitals & police in the same weekend? This can't be good.