View Single Post
      02-06-2017, 07:57 AM   #18
hot-j
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by redux View Post
I don't know how you do it. Those of us with weak constitutions in the fields of NVH salute you. I suppose an inline 6 engine wouldn't have as many vibration issues as a 4 banger. That evo, however, has scarred me for life. I've got the full bimmerworld suspension catalog, turner solid bushings, and motons installed already. So we aren't to far apart on the handling front. I'll be hitting up diffs online once the stock diff gives up the ghost.

How is the cf driveshaft? I've been a eyeballing one for a while.

I've had Mishimoto products on about 9 cars over the years. A third of them had out of the box quality control issues that required replacement. From a personal standpoint, I've had better luck with items from motorsport suppliers with robust national and world level programs. I will almost always choose the motorsport supplier option over the tuner equivalent when available and won't negatively effect the usability or reliability of the car.
Its really not that bad. I too, have been down this road before with 944 turbos, Moton, solid and spherical everything. This 6 is much better nvh wise. I have been thinking about going 3 way on the 1M, but will wail until I see where this next round of suspension bits get me. The carbon Driveshaft was worth every penny in my opinion. The aluminum flywheel will be getting changed most likely. It's the only mod thats pushed the envelope a little too far. A note about the CAE, when I first did it, I wasn't solidly mounted. To run it properly, I had to do the solid trans, and diff mounts... and just went for a stiffer MM to negate some nvh. I'm happy with the combination. Oh, and I've just about been convinced to go CSF. The oil cooler situation however is weighing on me.
Appreciate 0