View Single Post
      06-04-2018, 07:55 PM   #36
ShocknAwe
1Addict
Rep
Drives: E82 Mutt, M57 Truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbnks2 View Post
What coilovers? Stock suspension is designed to sit on the bump stops. Every coilover is different. I say all this just so you're aware of your particular coilovers design which based on your statement expects lots of bump stop engagement. They are basically used as supplemental springs.

I am just pointing out that problems arise when you choose springs that engage the bump stops at different times. If you have .75" of bump travel in the rear, you would need the front to have roughly 1" of bump travel for the front bump stop to come into play at the same time as the rear in roll. There is nothing wrong with getting into these large bump stops since they are so soft. You just need to make sure youe effective wheel rates are balanced so the bump stop engagement happens on both ends of the car at the same time. I'd need to have every detail to help you further than pointing you to this potential concern.

Not sure what you're measuring but 6/6.75 would be 1/2" higher than stock lol. You measured to the bottom of the side skirt?
TCK SA coils. But rear dampers on the car are currently B6. Short story is the bottom stud stripped on both rear konis. I say this to be clear that the rear dampers on the car are temporary to keep it driving while I figure out what I'm replacing the ruined ones with. I'm trying to learn what I can to make the best decisions possible going forward to stop wasting money.

Yeah I did. I'll measure the ride height again tomorrow. It's definitely not over stock height.