View Single Post
      06-13-2015, 05:47 AM   #1
vtl
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW 135i MT

Cruise Control Failure after coding

One of the things I hate most is working on the car and making it worse than it was

I was interested in adding the dynamic cruise control feature to my car. It uses the brakes when driving down hills to slow you down. My car only has the regular cruise. So i added $544 (cruise control with braking ) to my VO and did FA_WRITE to CAS and NFRM. I then did SG_CODIEREN in expertmode to the CAS,NFRM,DSC and KOMBI modules.

Upon cycling the ignition, i get an error message saying "cruise control failure" in the idrive. Scanned the car with INPA and got these obscure errors:

Quote:
MSD80 ECU:

Error: 1(1) No.: 52653 0xCDAD Botschaft (Anforderung Radmoment Antriebstrang, BF)
Translated: Error: 1 (1) No .: 52653 0xCDAD message (requirement wheel torque drive train, BF)
frequency: 1
error type: 4 (4281 ) Timeout
Quote:
KOMBI:

A3AF CAN_ID_200_ERROR_Ausfall_Botschaft_Regelgeschw_Stu fentempomat
Translated: CAN ID 200 ERROR Malfunction message control rate cruise control level
Not sure what to make of these errors. No errors coming from the DSC module. The other errors seem to indicate they are not receiving messages they are expecting, probably from the DSC?

I removed $544 from the VO and recoded the modules but the errors still persist. Now the cruise control doesn't work at all.

I tried going into Tool32 and doing the steering angle reset procedure. Process ran fine but didn't fix the problem. Should I update the DSC module with winkfp?