vtl
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW 135i MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by juld0zer View Post
Vince, did you ever resolve this issue?
It suddenly happened to me after I fitted a donor DSC module (done the same previously without issue).
Last time i drove the car to work to program and encode using ISTA/P but this time i used Tool32, NCS Expert and INPA. I have a feeling the Tool32 method of writing the VIN stuffed things up.

Even after a full recode in ISTA/P i still have the same problem.
I tried connecting both of my spare DSC control units (all are coded to my car), same two faults (A3AF and CDAD) persist.
I also went as far as chopping and soldering in a new section of wire for the speed signal output from the DSC to the bundle of wires under the dash, believing i may have disturbed the harness too many times from swapping masters, boosters, DSC modules etc. No change.
Ah sounds like a real pain!

I have never bothered to revert the dynamic cruise control after my workaround. The cruise control is great and I wouldnt want to go back to stock, which is when I get that error.

I received a pm from Duesentrieb who suggested to reset the Varianten Codierung:

Quote:
you could reverse it. You need to code $540 to cluster and DSC and then reset the 'Varianten Codierung' in the DME. After resetting, the car needs to go to sleep mode. (The light of the start button will switch off, when the car sleeps). After this $540 would work again.
I see you have an N55 which has pretty poor support in INPA (unless its all untranslated)
On N54 I think this is done by going into INPA MSD80, status analog/digital -> digital value -> car equipment ->reset

On N54 it learns the car's equipment (one of them being cruise control). It may have gotten stuffed up somehow and you can try this, but might have to be done via tool32 on N55.

I have tried this fix to get the popup for the current set speed of the cruise control to display on the cluster but no luck I have not tried to revert back to stock to fix the CDAD and A3AF errors. With my workaround I don't get any errors so might be worth coding in dynamic cruise control $544 if you cant get it working on $540