View Single Post
      02-10-2018, 09:50 AM   #25
Kgolf31
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2007 Z4MC, 2012 128i

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbnks2 View Post
I keep getting told ycw probably aren't all that great, yet, the spring rates, spring lengths, and damping all appear to be more ideal than everything else people are paying more money for. If I set my rear dampers to max damping the car will completely jack down even with 900lb springs
This statement is nothing more than basis and personal preference. There is no analytical data backing this up, nor any results or anything else to confirm this. So it is what it is. I can jack down my car with MCS shocks. So what does that prove exactly?

TCK is a great damper. It should be a concern if you're rebounding is maxed out on a TCK damper, because they have quite a bit of rate in there. FWIW - After a rear bar I settled to about mid-setting on my rebound and it was very happy within that range.

Maxing out rebound trying to force rotation is a sign that something is up - And I don't agree that forcing more spring is ultimately the solution.

OP - Do what you want, but in the end there are people that do calculations on a computer and math and will disagree until they’re blue in the face that say you're wrong....and others that tend to throw away and setup cars based on feel and times.

Last edited by Kgolf31; 02-10-2018 at 02:35 PM..
Appreciate 0