03-14-2018, 06:07 PM   #10
chris_flies
Sideways and Smiling
Rep
Drives: In Exuberance

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ayao View Post
My car exhibits this exact behavior - hard straight line braking (DS1.11 on a BBK up front and DS2500 on stock calipers in the rear, square NT01s all around, euro MDM) leads to an -extremely- disconcerting wiggling in the rear -- I hate it. I run this setup to simplify track day prep and have tried to change both coilover and alignment settings to dial this out - no success.

I may need to go back to putting more aggressive compound in the rear for HPDEs.
My car does the same, so I guess maybe it's a quirk of the 1. Could be something to do with the short wheelbase and forward-biased weight distribution. There's also a nanny that will force the brakes to the threshold, which makes the car feel unstable and unpredictable. See this: http://www.onelapx1.com/blog/how-to-...w-actually-fun
ayao643.00