View Single Post
      07-28-2017, 08:53 AM   #3
ShocknAwe
1Addict
Rep
Drives: E82 Mutt, M57 Truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by bNks334 View Post
Durago rotors... they are two piece BMW performance rotors. They aren't as light as the ecs rotors but at $80 per rotor they beat stoptech in price and they weigh 1-2lbs less per rotor.

I felt like stoptech sport pads were a downgrade for street driving and were only a marginal bit more fade resistant on track. I'd try ebc red/yellow for the same price. If you don't do any hpde then there is no need to use anything other than stock pads. Stock pads have phenomenal bite.

BMW brake fluid is also pretty good fluid. It has a higher wet and dry boiling point than most stuff on the shelf. Moving to a better fluid like rbf600 won't hurt anything though so long as you change it at least 1x per year.
Thanks for the input. Will look into the durago rotors. Sound like exactly what I'm looking for. Durago rotors are 2lbs lighter than which rotors exactly?

As for pads, EBC Red may be a good option and already on my short list. My wife hates the big initial bite of the OE BMW pads, so sacrificing a little top bite in exchange for less dust on the street will be fine. Not going to put RBF in there. I'm not interested in doing brake fluid changes unless I'm going to go have fun. No damn carrot and all stick.

Hoping to visit the track for a HPDE or two next spring, so ill worry about track pads then.