houtan
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2011 135i

Garage List
2011 135i  [9.80]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShocknAwe View Post
A little more than I was intending to spend, but as an intermediate upgrade it sounds decent. I'd definitely like more info! Specifically with the rear 2 piece, as I thought we couldn't do a 2 piece on the rear due to the parking brake drum and shoes.
Their rear two piece lightweight rotor works with the factory e-brake. The pads they use are either modified factory pad or pads from the EVO10 fit directly. The downside to using the EVO pads is you cannot use the brake pad sensor.

His feedback is the best part about the rotors is the weight savings and they are rebuildable. He is using their high temp street pad called the xt910. No fade on very aggressive canyon driving, but the initial bite is not as good as stock, and you really have to press on the brake pedal to get the brakes to grab. Initial thoughts on the loss of initial bite and extra effort to brake harder is a downside. Might change with time as he gets use to them. Will take the trade off for the weight savings.

He had issues melting the stock pads and grooving the factory rotors due to brake boosting and stops from high speed (150+mph). So far the RB HW has held up great. The true test will be at the next half mile event in October.

Last edited by houtan; 07-31-2017 at 09:00 PM..
Appreciate 0