View Single Post
      05-29-2023, 06:05 PM   #7
Grimm5698
Private
Rep
Drives: e82 135i / e36 M3

Garage List
2009 BMW e82  [0.00]
Well I pulled the trigger on the 1/1.5 way Mfactory, had some issues first fitting the unit inside the pumpkin and had to grind down the left side of the case a bit to notch it after that it went in perfect then had issues with the C clips and after 2 weeks back n forth sending them dimensions to make sure they sent me the correct unit Mfactory finally told me I need their shim kit so had to buy the $200 shim kit to set it up properly, backlash is right in the sweet spot .006 Mfactory calls for anything between.003-.009 so not bad. Also installed some AKG motorsports diff bushings to match the subframe bushings, disabled e-diff and threw in some oil to break in the diff. Car feels way better, hopefully get to finish the break in procedure and finally test it out once I'm back in town. So far on the bushings I noticed no nvh so that's good, can't wait to hit the track next month. All in I'm about $1300 total in parts so still saved about $1200 bucks doing it myself than buying the drop in unit for $2400+ shipping. I'll update once I test it out, hopefully works out
Attached Images

Appreciate 0