View Single Post
      02-20-2014, 02:43 PM   #2481
gregthegr8
Admiral of the Fleet
Rep
Drives: Cars Usually

Quote:
Originally Posted by IEDEI View Post
i've put 400+ miles on the X1 in less than 4 days. lol.

BTW, i still don't have my 135is back...why? because i was on-call yesterday and couldn't get to the dealership. Apparently takes them a full day to figure out how the brake pedal squeaks. It also takes them one day to GET TO work on my car. Then it takes them one day to replace my rear brake pad. Why? I was getting a high-pitch squeal from my rear driver's brake disc.....when i asked them to look at it---they said the whole pad was cracked! wtf. replaced.
Wow, well at least it's official - from coast to coast, the dealerships seem to be incompetent and great managers and valuers of both theirs and their client's time. In the meantime, enjoy the hell out of putting miles on and churning out donuts in the X1. Sadly, half the dealers would say the squeaks/squeals are normal or "within tolerances/specs" and do nothing. Or they'd say they can't replicate it even though you can't find a way to NOT replicate it.

Bet you sure miss the car, too. There's a newfound appreciation for these guys when you're forced to drive something else and you finally rejoice and get back in your car.
Appreciate 0