View Single Post
      04-23-2017, 04:48 AM   #10
csween86
DSC OFF
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 135i, N55, 6MT, MPK

Garage List
I've owned my 135i for 7 years now as the original owner, 3 years outside of warranty, and this same issue will be the first I have had to spend money on to date besides basic maintenance. I went in for a brake fluid flush yesterday, and the dealership said I need to repair a slowly seeping oil filter housing gasket leak and that on their scale of priority to fix it's yellow... Green meaning it's good, yellow-caution/monitor, red-needs to be fixed asap. I love my car and have done all maintenance, usually in advance and keep really good care inside, out, and by how I drive it... I will continue to be proactive instead of reactive and get this fixed asap... Thing is, it's outside of my capabilities... The dealership quoted me 6 hours labor with parts at about 1k total. I know dealerships are more expensive, but are the hours at least legit? I am going to try and find a mechanic outside of the dealership, but I want to at least know I'm not getting bs'd on parts and labor when I go in. Hoping someone sees this who has also had this issue.... thanks
Appreciate 0