View Single Post
      09-26-2013, 09:14 PM   #7
wespar
Registered
Rep
Drives: 135i Convertible

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stohlen View Post
Go to a super flat road, let go of the steering wheel and tell us which direction the car drifts to and how severly.
car doesn't drift at all - only exhibits this rear end kick out when quickly decelerating - feels like a toe out condition in the left rear - but only when the suspension is loaded by deceleration

Quote:
Originally Posted by RimasRS View Post
He said that it is not brake related even engine braking does the same
exactly - and with handbrake it does it & with engine deceleration it does it - though it's hard to get the same amount of decelerating force those ways.

AND - it seems to me anyway that even with 2x4's or cotton balls in the rear - as long as both sides were the same - that the effect shouldn't be laterally. Or at least not to the same side all the time - if it were the front/rear mismatch, I could see it manifesting itself in one direction when the road was cambered one way - and the opposite way when the road was pitched oppositely - but it's always to the one (left) side.

Does anyone know - is there any adjustment for bump steer on these cars? PS: really appreciate any & all thoughts/ideas

Last edited by wespar; 09-26-2013 at 09:36 PM..
Appreciate 0