View Single Post
      12-20-2023, 01:22 AM   #4
demas
Strictly BMW
Rep
Drives: F10 550i | E82 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigZ88 View Post
What are the temperatures like where you are recently?

With a lot of performance tires, if temperatures drop below freezing, the tires need to be allowed to come up to 40+ deg f for 24 hours prior to driving.
Thanks. It has not gone to below freezing since I've had the tires - also the front tires don't exhibit these lines either. It's between 40~50F right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZHPizza View Post
Driving in low temperatures caused some cracking in my old PSS but what jumped out to me more then as the pressure of 3.0 bar. Are you saying that you're keeping them at 43psi? That seems like a lot.
Yes. I like to run them a little higher between 2.8~3.0 seems to feel the best.

Here is one of the threads from a Civic forum. Pictures on the first post look nearly - but slightly worse - as mine. Page 3 has some views from a supposed Michelin dealer at a shop:

"I've made my living of 20yrs in the tire/auto repair business just to preface my input on this situation. I am also currently a michelin dealer at the shop I am employed at. It is not uncommon to see michelin tires showing this type of cracking over time. It's not indicative of a separation waiting to happen or anything catastrophic that is impending. It shouldn't be there, but you're not about to die in a fiery car crash or anything. It has nothing to do with tire dressing or the temperature you have driven or stored the tires...Its just how the cookie crumbles."

2013 F10 550i M-Sport | AC Schnitzer Springs | CMP Chassis Brace | PS4S

2011 E82 135i M-Sport | Evolution Racewerks CP | Stock | Stock | Stock
Appreciate 0