View Single Post
      09-08-2010, 07:13 PM   #44
N55_BBM
Major
Rep
Drives: 2011 135i Coupe

Ok so I scheduled a time with the detail guy in Etown next Tuesday, thanks thez99! He told me you're paying a visit soon..?

I'm going to put in an order for some ONR, microtowels, etc to use in between washes since I can clearly see I won't be able to fully wash my car more than once a month. Hopefully that'll keep my car clean for longer

So today as I left work I looked at my filthy dirty AW 135 and felt a huge pain in the heart. I drove over 400 miles traveling over the last weekend alone. My front bumper was (is) covered in huge dirt spots, my windshield is full of bird poop, and my car has this yucky layer of dust that has been drying in 80 degree sun for forever. My leather seats are dirty, my interior needs some vacuuming. I was just heartbroken and decided I couldn't handle another day of that.

Furthermore, something about a layer of dirt + sun on my paint sounded really bad in my mind. So I decided to drive through one of these touchless car washes, opting for just water and soap obviously. It got of the dirt layer, but the big dirt spots (especially on the front bumper) remain. The car wash had no effect on the windshield, so I bought one of those window wipes from a vending machine to clean it and it didn't do much.. Actually, it did: I have horrible spots on my windows now, looks like dried water/soap.

Well enough storytelling. I guess this is the question to ask to you guys:

Is doing what I did worse that just waiting 6 days to get the car detailed? I don't know what's worse for the paint, having it sit in the sun when it's filthy or going through one of those car washes...

PS: I'm still getting the car cleaning properly, obviously. This was just a temporary solution - a very shitty one but I'm less unhappy about how the car looks now than I was before. It looks slightly less crappy, it's sad that I'm even celebrating this...
Appreciate 0