View Single Post
      08-28-2018, 11:01 AM   #1
Matticus91
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 135i

Talking Corn, Catless DP, & JB4 Map 6 = O.O

I've been messing with my car for quite a while now and I think I've found a pretty wonderful mix of settings on Map 6 and fuel to keep the car happy.

Running e40 with the JB4 on latest firmware and FF wires installed. Using "E85 mix calculator" to manage my fueling and make sure I've got the fuel just right.

Map 5 is my standard whenever I'm on 93 octane or if I've refilled with 93 after my e40 tank is running low so the car can adapt to the fuel mix.

Hoping I can get some logs later today and post them up. So far everything is looking pretty clean, AFRs are a little on the edge but that's typical of these N55's. The stock turbo just falls flat after about 5k RPM so there's no point pushing it, hence the tapering below. Timing is super strong throughout.

I'm going to keep messing with it and see if I can get it perfect, but the heat has been limiting the times I can get on it without worrying about IAT's with the stock IC.

Map 6 settings:
Map6Settings by Matt Steele, on Flickr

Note: I take no responsibility for any attempts to replicate these settings on your car. Don't mess with it if you don't know what you're doing, I barely have a clue myself!