04-01-2020, 12:29 AM   #12
rac
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2008 135i 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by delsap View Post
Thanks for the reply!

I agree that 3.5'' would be too loud for me. I am not looking to make the absolute most power, the car is already plenty fast for what it is so giving up a few potential ponies for a better sound is perfectly fine even if that means putting the stock DPs back in. That being said going to the stage 2+ map definitely gave the car even more go which is fun!

I'm torn between a magnaflow resonated X pipe after the DPs and then merge to a single 3" or putting a magnaflow resonated Y pipe right behind the cats and having a local shop run a 3" pipe back to the stock muffler? If it is too quiet with the stock muffler I have a Berk Street Axleback sitting in storage and I'd have room to add a small resonator if need be in the mid pipe to find a middle ground.
I have no experience with the x-pipe option on this car. But seems like a valid option. My recommendation simply because it worked out for me would be to Y at the base of the DPs and run 3" back to the axle back connection. Then you can swap axle back sections as you like or add a resonator to the midpipe if need be.
Appreciate 0