09-20-2019, 04:45 PM   #6
Matticus91
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by christofis135i View Post
First off, don't go JB4 or BMS. I've only had issues with them.

For a tune use MHD, handheld android running 3.2 or higher. Super easy to use. Www.MHDtuning.com

Any downpipe will be fine as long as it's catless, I personally have AR 4" catless.

Heard great things about VRSF chargepipe, I went with ER only because they have the stock mounting bracket still. I've also got the ER turbo to Intercooler pipe. Most Intercooler will have this as an option I think.

Intercooler 5" or 7.5" will be fine as the stock one heat soaks after a few pulls. I believe 7.5" requires some trimming. This is all I need to be FBO so I'm still waiting on it.

N55 has a diverter valve that's attached to the turbo. GFB makes a DV+. This is a nice upgrade from stock. Higher boost does give you a higher pitched noise. I've noticed while revving past 4K you get compressor surge. Under full boost it will do the same but for I'd say .2 seconds.

As for intake I would recommend INJEN. BMS isn't the best quality, but to each their own.

An n55 making 380-400 with bolt ons isn't difficult but requires some tuning and maybe some e85.. or meth. Have not had my car on a dyno so not sure what my car makes.
His car is a 2013, which cannot be flashed with MHD without a bench flash. Which involves removing your DME (under intake manifold) and shipping out to a tuner. I did JB4 for years before finally getting a bigger turbo and doing a dyno tune. Sure it's not the best but for a late build car it's the only reasonable option for most people.

VRSF intercoolers also come with the lower charge pipe (the part you were talking about).

Intakes make almost no difference on these cars, just sound. This has been proven time and again with dyno results.