houtan
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2011 135i

Garage List
2011 135i  [9.80]
Quote:
Originally Posted by austinaslink View Post
I actually do use boostane. Currently using 8oz (half bottle) of Boostane "Premium" every fill up. This helps to eliminate any small timing corrections, and according to their mixing chart should bring me to around 97 oct (hard to believe).

I have a ton of it in my garage, and plan to use it until I move somewhere with E85.. I have an order placed for the "professional" blend, and want to see if that makes any difference over the premium. It would be nice to be able to run more than 18 psi without starting to get corrections! But the heat and humidity here, mixed with the sub-par gas, doesn't really leave me with a ton of options.
Nice. I actually only tried the professional blend, but i do believe it is as advertised wrt the octane rating. Having some timing corrections is normal, where i start to get concerned is if they start getting greater than 4ish on multiple cylinders.

Do you have access and are you willing to run meth? If so, that stuff flat out works!!! And i was running it in what is debated as the less than ideal way, single nozzle through the CP. Even 91 octane and 18 psi, no biggie, logs were clean as can be. On top of that, my IAT was always at something awesome, 75 or 80 degrees. Getting a five gallon drum in socal is fairly priced at about $35. Only reason why I removed it was the quick connect fittings always developed leaks. At first it was the connection in the engine bay, but then i noticed the connection at the fuel pump would leak as well, and i was over it.

But, if you run AN lines, that issue is gone, and with your manifold, you would be running it the best way with regards to even distribution. It would help with the humidity and hot weather you have there as well.
Appreciate 1