View Single Post
      07-19-2018, 12:41 PM   #3
Suhb
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2010 128i Coupe 6-Speed

M sport has the bolstered seats. Probably the biggest reason to get the sport package.

Suspension wise, they also have a 12mm rear sway bar. Non sports have no sway bar, although I wouldn't prioritize it unless you're already doing rear subframe bushings.

They also have stiffer springs and upgraded shocks. If you want to upgrade your non sport BMW, these mods would improve handling the most in order:

- M3 rear subframe bushings, add in the 12mm rear sway bar at the same time.

- I would just slap on some Koni Yellows mated to a matching spring set or just go with bilstein B12 kit. You can add in Dinan rear shock mounts while you're doing those.

- Add in Dinan camber plates while struts are removed. If you corner hard in city driving, I would also add in M3 control arms. I have both with a little over 2 degrees of camber and get even tire wear but I drive more aggressive than most.

- Top it off with a front M3 front sway bar.

I have not done the rear subframe bushings, but have done everything else on this list. Car is still sloppy and that's only because of the stock rear subframe bushings. It's cheaper to do than shocks and springs (despite the high labor cost) and I feel the car would benefit way more from the rear subframe bushings than anything else on this list.