View Single Post
      07-28-2017, 02:20 PM   #11
WhatsADSM
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by spxxx View Post
Yeah exhaust would be for weight loss. And this is actually my 3rd season looking back now - still trying to shoot for 10-12 more weekends this year.

Luckily I'm spoiled in CA with a ton of local tracks and I've stopped traveling for work thankfully so I can dedicate almost 2 weekends a month to seat time. (If the wife approves)
I really don't know your capability as a driver so don't take it as a dig or anything. Just a general comment that seat time is typically the number one improvement in lap times, while also being the most fun. Only you can gauge your level of talent really. I know in my case I've been tracking a few weekends a year for 10 years, feel at home in advanced, and if I'm being honest I STILL I feel the car is still more capable than I am. So that's why i say seat time first.

I do appreciate wanting to do mods though, we have all been there. IMHO do the stuff that gets you the most bang for the buck and doesn't stunt your ability to learn (better yet teaches you more). I love weight reduction as much as the next guy, but as an example lets take your setup and duplicate it. One guys spends a few grand taking out ~100 lbs in exhaust, sunroof, and fenders. While the other spends a few grand on R-Comps, bigger brakes, and aero. There will be no contest. The latter will run considerably faster, may end up even more street friendly as well (would just have silly wings on all the time ). So yea to me tires, brakes, and aero next. After that I would consider further weight reduction and high end dampers.
Appreciate 0