View Single Post
      06-15-2021, 09:15 AM   #13
mad_hatter
Enlisted Member
Canada
Rep
Drives: 128i, MK7 GTI

Update time! I finally made time this weekend to get at the car, getting it ready for the first event this Saturday, June 19th. No pics yet, but here's the list

-BBS LMs are fully assembled, tires mounted. I'm happy to report that they're all straight and took 1oz or less to balance.
-Ohlins kit is in, currently set at the recommended heights by Ohlins and Barry at 3DM for a starting point. He did some custom damping for me, and I'll get the shock dynos to post for discussion later. No driving impressions yet.
-Rear guide rods changed out for aftermarket OE-style arms (for STX legality)
-Front LCA offset bushings installed into new OE-style arms
-Motorsport hardware wheel stud kit installed
-Changed back to factory IM from the 3-stage that came on the car

About the intake manifold. I found 2-3oz of oil in the manifold when I took it off, and I'm thinking the PCV/CCV must be faulty. Unfortunately, it's plastic welded to the valve cover So I need to either replace the valve cover or try one of the CCV kits and chip away at my existing VC to remove it and change it.

And as a question: I've read about people running the 3stage tune on the factory manifold - which is the situation I'm in now. Should I be concerned about that, or do I need to hustle and get the factory tune back into the ECU?
Appreciate 1
asbrr544.50