04-11-2010, 08:43 AM   #201
clar
Major
Singapore
Rep
Drives: M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by billspreston View Post
I don't doubt the Z4M is more fun, but what on earth does the engine have to do with handling and cornering speed in this case?? Both cars weigh around the same with the Z4 having an M tuned chassis. That's your difference.
I really like your postings dude We really need more sane heads like yourself. I totally agree with you when you said the guys bashing M turbos now will be buying the exact cars they are bashing now and calling it the best thing since slice bread. I have tons of faith in the big brains in M. I used to be a hard core NA fan, but owning the 135i now has opened my eyes to the potential of turbo charging. The M1 needs to seriously loose some weight up front if it is to be a proper track car. I drive my wife's 130i hatch and that thing is so much more responsive to direction changes even with inferior suspension compared to my 135i.

If the M1 is released with 360 bhp, it would be a waste of time. It needs to be at least as fast in the straights as the E92 M3. I am certainly trading in my 135i for it if so.

I can't stop thinking of the McLaren MP4-12C 3.8 litre twin turbo V8 producing 600 bhp with a redline of 8000rpm. Now that's something interesting...
Appreciate 0