View Single Post
      07-23-2019, 01:13 AM   #23
AndyW
Supreme Galactic Commander (one galaxy over...)
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 E93, '12 E82, '13 E93 M3

OK, thinking of how to plumb a parallel connection to the OFH to a factory cooler in the drivers wheelwell (technically designed for water in the PPK kit, but it's an identical cooler to the oil one). I am using factory options for two reasons, cost (found one cheap on ebay) and limited space...I have a brake duct kit. I also like having factory fitup.

Things I am considering that I'd appreciate thoughts on:

1. It's important for parallel systems to have balanced flow, otherwise one cooler carries most of the load. The idea discussed above about a restrictor plate in the factory side needs to be confirmed. It looks like there is a metal band in the factory drivers line, FWIW. If there is a significant restrictor, I think I need to get it out and then find a good solution to reconnect the hose. Maybe one of these https://www.summitracing.com/parts/ear-at981510erl and two hose clamps?

2. Anyone used or have knowledge of acceptable use of one of these?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Oil-Filter-...53.m1438.l2649

Bolts to the bottom of the OFH and lets you route your lines stage left (drivers). Also leaves the top connections open for me for something else (Accusump). Seems ideal...but it also looks like it could have horrible fitment and leaks due to being a cheap overseas part.

3. Thoughts on rubber vs PTFE? Thinking of going PTFE.

If I can use the part above in #2, this appears to be easy...Bolt that part to the bottom of the OFH, bolt the factory lines for the passenger side to the bottom of it. Put two AN10 fittings into the side, route two PTFE hoses (one side with AN10 fittings) to the new cooler(I will need to use a hose clamp at that end given it just has a flared end vice what the oil cooler has.)

If the part in #2 is know to be a POS, I think I'll do two banjos to the top of the OFH and figure out how to plumb in the Accusump to the return line via a Tee.

FWIW, I've already received the cooler and have ordered all the factory bits to mount it up and route flow(like the PPK2 kit). All I need is to decide on a hookup/routing setup for the hoses.

'12 E82-PS2,Stoptechs,Clubsports+M3 bits,Accusump,Wagner DP+EVO III FMIC,ERCP,BMS Intake,Mason Strut Bar,Wedge Tune
Appreciate 1
houtan707.00