View Single Post
      05-27-2013, 02:10 PM   #27
Artemis
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickFinga View Post
All 135i coupes, regardless of the market, are named 135iS on their build sheets. My theory is that originally BMW wanted to call the 135i an iS, along the lines of the X5 4.6iS/4.8iS.
Nostalgia: this notorious Dackel screenshot that went viral back in the day (November 2010). We may reasonably assume that, down at BMW HQ, some chicken got restless, tee-hee...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dackelone View Post
Reported on 1addicts Homepage.
Hi Gang,
Ok, I am not gonna say where I got this screen shot from. I will say that in my quest for a German flash tune... I came across this little titbit/jewel!
1M code named "Pyrat" by BMW...
Attachment 459273
It looks to me that this is confirmation that the new 1M will have 250 Kw N54engine. That is 340 HP. Engine code: N54B3OTO
What is even more interesting is the highlight text! Looks like BMW is thinking about a special US only model with 332 Kw or 451 HP! I personally think this will be the engine that ends up in the next M3. I don't think BMW will offer a 1M with this sort of HP power. But seeing it on the screen is very interesting indeed!
It also looks to be the very same 1M Engine code: N54B3OTO, which would suggest that with only a tune/SW the 1M engine will make another 100 Hp!!! Food for thought!
Also of interest (IF you look up that engine listing) is the fact that BMW will also have a 135iS model in 2012. Same HP though, at 225Kw or 306 Hp. The 135iS has engine code: N55B3OUO
And... if you keep looking up that list you can see various engines of interests.
Dackel