View Single Post
      05-15-2008, 09:48 AM   #71
pwillcutts
Private First Class
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckwheat986 View Post
To you it doesn't matter...but if the OP marked down this was a cash deal and tries to pay with a CC the dealer IMO has every right to tear up the contract.

Cash to me is interpeted as money, or bank check or wire transfer. You may argue a CC is cash. Maybe? Maybe not?

Thats what the courts are for. But to say the dealer has no leg to stand on w/o seeing the buyers contract is ludircous.

UH,OHHHHH.....
You may have found the achilles heel in my plan!

Since you asked, I dug out my signed purchase agreement that has my $1,000 deposit with the dealer on it.

At the upper right hand corner of the form it reads:

"MOTOR VEHICLE CASH PURCHASE AGREEMENT"

And under the Total Price lines it reads:
Line 10: Total contract price: $44,199
Line 13: Deposit: $1,000
Line 14: Amount to be Financed: (left blank)
Line 15: Cash Due on Delivery: $43,199

Is that enough to kill my deal? But as you said, what is considered "cash"? If I deliver a "check" to pay for the balance due, that's not cash either.

Hmmmm.......my grand plan to save $1,700 in interest could be in jeopardy here. What do you guys think?

P.S.: This was never about me trying to screw the dealer for just getting "points" on my card or anything like that. It was about getting use of $40,000 free for one year through a deal my credit card offered me for 0% on new purchases for 12 months, which is $1,700 in real money savings to me.....not an insignificant amount of money to try to save if I can.

135i Convertible
Crimson Red w/ Taupe soft top
Taupe 'ette & Light Burl Walnut trim
Steptronic
Cold Weather Package
Appreciate 0