View Single Post
      11-01-2020, 12:56 PM   #11
mistymountains
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 135i 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by brockott View Post
That's funny, I was looking at that one this morning! Started researching how to install shadowline trim but from the research is said the rear window needs to be removed so that was out.

I the N55 isn't a must just a want at this point probably should have clarified that a bit.

Still in the research phase seeing what's out there and the prices. Seems like they are all going for 3-4k more than they were 6 months ago. Tracking if these are going to continue to increase or if values will plateau going into winter.
I think the silver trim looks great on these cars tbh. Too boy-racer when it's all blacked out. These are spry, fun machines that don't demand to be taken too seriously like the new overly aggressive-styled cars.

BTW the N54 is a great motor. I've owned 2 (e90/e92). For the 10k extra to buy an N55 1er you can replace everything that will ever go wrong with one. Note that the HPFP replaced under warranty and the other had both turbos go out for the 2 I owned. That's why I waited for the right N55.

As far as values, I think the enthusiast community is finally getting that waiting for BMW to produce something that can replace the older driver's cars is a lost cause. We should've protested every dealer when the X6 came out. But the way it's looking, they simply will never make a compact, light, analog coupe again. Values are going up for low mileage examples for the same reason that e90 (N55 at least) values are going up: people like these cars and drive the hell out of them, and by the time 20 years has gone by, not many are left in decent shape (try finding an E46 in actual smart purchase shape under $35k).

While I'm on my soapbox, you can argue the 2 series is a true BMW left in the lineup, but personally, I hate the way the 2 series looks in person. The M2 is perhaps an exception but you are forced to deal with screen after screen on any of the new cars, not to mention electric steering and terrible stock exhaust notes.
Appreciate 0