Bullitt
Major
Rep
Drives: 135i

Garage List
2008 135i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanDavies View Post
I don't have that issue even without disabling the eDiff (and have a mechanical LSD). Are you running with traction control on or something?
You're one of the lucky ones. It depends on your software version. Several members here (e90post) with LSD have reported non-intrusive e-diff activity, and they're often the ones who have avoided software updates from the dealership.

Traction control always fully disengaged. I can hear and feel the brake pulses by the e-diff when throttle is added during extreme slip angles and slides. It manifests as a rough vibration through the chassis and is quite loud at times.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bNks334 View Post
Yeah from what I've read from BMW press releases the e-diff activates when a greater than 5% differential in wheel speed is detected... Your LSD would have to be allowing at least that much of a differential for the e-diff to even begin to apply itself.

DSC/ASC (DTC) detect and manage wheel spin. The E-diff just try's to keep both wheels spinning within 5% of each-other whether you have traction or not.

Double check in NCSDummy that the data value is 0 for the corresponding wert values you are using? You aren't the first person in the thread to speculate the e-diff is still intervening...
Good to know, 5% doesn't leave much room at all!

I really had high hopes the e-diff would stop intervening as brakthru reported. I used the same v41 DATEN files as he did... Anyway, I'll look at the data values and report back.
Appreciate 0