Thread: Active Steering
View Single Post
      11-02-2012, 10:20 PM   #27
cowrunner
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 Space Gray 135i Man, Prem

Thanks .. so here is my report on my first 1,000 miles (I had to outrun the hurricane and drove to OHIO and back.. just got back tonight. 'Was really hating the AS on the way out.. honestly wanted to return the car.. i was so pissed at myself for ordering it without test driving and suggest no one makes this mistake that i did. .. What i hated most about it was that heavy feel to the wheel i was so used to (Everytime i got in my 1, that was the part of the experience i liked the most) is GONE!.. now in terms of growing on me i can really get what the design of this is intending to do .... i realize that at speeds above 45, i'm good. it's in the parking lots and at low speeds it really bothers me. Anyway, I hate it less now that i've driven it.. at this point, would I order it on my next 1? No!. But in the next couple of days i am going to road test without the AS to see how it compares. One of the things i am wondering about is if I will notice a big difference in responsiveness without the boost. Again, i am not sold on AS, just trying to discover what the engineers were after when designing this. Since i am sort of stuck with it, i figure i want to learn more about it . At high speeds the corrections, didn't bother me, it actually felt like it was planting me into the pavement more on adjustments from uneven pavement etc.. The CA really needs to warn the buyers of 1's to test drive this first. Mine just sold it to me and i am kicking myself. i'll come back to everyone after my road test on the non AS 1.
Appreciate 0