Thread: Recoding
View Single Post
      12-04-2012, 10:25 AM   #2
JimD
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 128i convertible

I doubt you can get a dealer to do it but they are capable. The digital speedometer is in the KOMBI module of a 1 series and the specific command you change is BC_DIGITAL_V. It is currently set to "nict_activ" and you have to change this to "activ" and reload the module. I know of no reason the dealer couldn't or shouldn't make the change but I doubt if they will.

If you have a convertible, do you have comfort access? If not, you should also want the top to go down with the key fob as you walk up to the car. That comes with comfort access but I don't have it but coded the changes to make it happen anyway.

If you want to know more about coding, I recommend you visit b m w c o d i n g.com (eliminate the spaces). There is lots of good information. You need to spend about $100 on the cable (it has a converter built in) and download the software and you can do these things. You will want to start with the tutorial, available at the same website.

Jim