low135
Banned
Rep
Drives: E88 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark James View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by low135 View Post
I was thinking of going with the 'cubby' to replace my smokers kit ashtray thing. Then mounting the heated seat and convertible top buttons inside that tray. We'll see
I just did the xtrons install in my e88. Came out very nicely.the only issue of fit is the wood molding above the radio is not quite low enough but you can hardly notice. Since I have the heated seats and cabrio, I removed the ash tray and installed the tray listed above. I used a dremel tool and cut out the back of the tray, mounted the switches behind it (drilled holes on both sides and installed the original lighter orange led's) and it looks oem. The only issue is the wiring harness is just long enough so it takes a little skill to slide it in. Plug and play but there is an extra yellow wire I attached into the fuse box (mini fuse tap attached to door locks fuse). The most important thing is to connect the amp wires in the back of the radio wiring harness or else will not have any sound. New rear view camera works great too. I first needed a relay (when attaching wire to backup light) but I then replace the backup lights with led's which draw less power and that eliminated the need for a relay.

Wiring for the gps and backup camera easily slipped under the molding during install. Backup camera wire was then routed under the back seat (bottom of back seat removed) and snaked to the trunk in the middle. Wires were then attached to the backup light and snaked through the rubber molding from the trunk to the trunk lid. I first purchased the backup camera that was integrated into the trunk latch but the video quality sucked. I then installed a better camera and put the wiring through the right license plate light.
Any photos of your mounting of the seat and top buttons?
Appreciate 1