View Single Post
      05-02-2009, 07:22 PM   #3
Onlooker
Canada
Rep
Drives: Nil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky1 View Post
What exactly is an alternative delivery? That part I didn't follow.
Also, would you qualify if you borrowed the money from another lending institution, such as a bank? That would still be a cash purchase to BMW I'm thinking...
I do not know how the term was derived, but I have seen it on BMW Offer to Purchase forms so it is legitimate. As it applies here, it is jargon for cash purchase credit. Pay cash, get $2500.00 credit from BMW (actually, it is a factory-to-dealer credit passed on to the buyer). In effect, the retail price of a new 2009 BMW 128i, for example, goes from $33,900 to $31,400. That is the price at which you start your negotiations with the dealer and you should still be able to get 4-6% off that, in Toronto at least. An alternative delivery credit was offered around the same time last year and it quietly went up to $4000 (for a 128i), probably after the end of the production year.

It does not matter from where you get your money for the car. As long as you pay for the car in full with cash, the credit applies.

Last edited by Onlooker; 05-04-2009 at 08:54 AM.. Reason: Additional information added
Appreciate 0