Rep
Drives: E87 130i

Garage List
2005 BMW 130i  [5.24]
Quote:
Originally Posted by flinchy
Quote:
Originally Posted by _Ryan_ View Post
Thanks, have you done this to your car? Do you have dyno charts to support the power figure?

I was under the impression our cars run around 140rwkw standard, certainly feels to be low-mid 100 range.

Do you have any information on the S/C kit? I have only seen the ARMA kits, which when tested on a Z4 in the states they weren't up to the task.

If there isn't some form of FI kit for our engines, it could be more cost effective to swap in(and engineer) an N54/N55, or S65 if feeling adventurous.

-Ryan
Ima get my car dynoed as soon as i find a place.. I have a bms powerbox piggyback tune and thats it for now, getting headers when theyre made (2 week minimum... So at least a month shipped and installed)

Even (144 at the flywheel) preludes get high 120's to the ground totally stock
140on an n52 would be detuned, hot day, bad dyno, thin air, all at once. Possibly even 91/95 octane. Even awd cars get 15-20% loss MAXIMUM. 10% for rwd with an open diff is pretty correct.

Some info on the arma on from amwrican forums on 3 series say it is good, but also apparenty mmw's should be finished qithin a month or two, tuned for a little over 6psi they say.

N54 swap is 15k in parts alone (front cut). You could just buy a 135i for the same price total.
I need a hatch, hence the lack of 135i.

I've seen stat write off 135's for 15k, wouldn't spend more than 7 on a long motor.

Be interested to see the new SC kit.

I have never seen 10% drivetrain loss on a rwd car, but I would love it if this thing starts at 180rwkw, and the lack of boost/power delivery makes it feel like less!
Appreciate 0