11-15-2016, 11:52 AM   #2
Taskmaster
Banned
Japan
Rep
Drives: M235i 6MT / E92 328 Msport 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAMSport View Post
I see from researching that there are a lot of owners who have the AA software tune, most in conjunction with the 3 stage intake manifold and many who also have the headers.

My car is a 2013 128i with the N52 engine and 16k miles. It will have a 3 stage manifold installed (30k miles on it). It also has the euro intake and BMW performance exhaust. Some tell me they won't need a special optimization tune, others say it won't make a difference to the tune. Which is correct?
False. The stock car isn't set up to properly take advantage of the 3 stage intake manifold. Unfortunately the intake and exhaust are just noise generators, so they don't gain much by themselves.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAMSport View Post
Which software brand performs best? Can I install it with a non-Mac laptop, and will I need a battery charger to do so? Has anyone ever removed the tune before a dealership 'update', and is this an important feature (consider that I have 10 months remaining on a CPO Elite warranty)?

My local indy says he's had a lot of success with the Epic tune, but I can't find any dyno info with this brand. I also see a few issues with the AA tune and some others, perhaps the rare cases?

Thanks for insight!
Epic is a solid choice, as is BPC - those would be my bets.
Appreciate 0