View Single Post
      10-30-2019, 03:58 PM   #53
houtan
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2011 135i

Garage List
2011 135i  [9.80]
I started looking into pricing to build my own kit. Based on the total i am seeing, the price ends up being similar to the cost of an ER Sport Oil cooler (I have a quote for $675 shipped). Shroud would be another $85). Now i know i may be able to get some things a little cheaper, but if i add the price of the oil cooler line adapter from Hard Race or Mishimoto ($66), i am getting really close to the price of the ER Sport Oil cooler. Here is a picture of the Cart for a DIY kit. Doesn't include the oil cooler line adapter or additional brackets to build a mount. If my the qtys and pricing are reasonable, it seems like buying the kit is the better option. Am i missing something/anything?

The other thing that is messing with me is this post on S p o o l s t r e e t https://bmw.s p o o l s t r e e t.com/threads/aluminum-quick-connect-fittings-diy-auxiliary-radiator-kit.5758/ (take out the spaces on s p o o l s t r e e t). Basically, this member is saying an aux radiator cooler is the way to go based on his experience doing track days in hot and humid weather overseas. So do i do that instead?
Attached Images

Last edited by houtan; 10-30-2019 at 06:39 PM..
Appreciate 0